As a component of MYLA's initiative to lower costs and barriers to entry for playing lacrosse, a limited number of loaner helmets are being offered on a first come first serve basis during the spring season to new players.
This being the innagural season for the Helmet Program we ask that if you have a helmet please utilize it. Helmet purchases are made possible by the BAGGATAWAY INVITATIONAL fundraiser. As more funding becomes available we can purchase more helmets over the next few years.
- Helmets are for use only by the registered player in MYLA sanctioned events
- Players are responsible for the helmet in their possession
- Report any problems or damage to the coach immediately
- Loss or damage due to unauthorized use may incur an additional charge
- Helmets are to be returned promptly at the end of the season
Safety is a paramount concern for any sports organization. While a lacrosse helmet may look perfectly fine, if it is more than three years old and has not been re-conditioned annually it is no longer certified for play per Lacrosse Rules. Click the link below for more information.
Cascade - Is My Helmet Game Ready?
A properly maintained and annually re-conditioned helmet is certified for play for 10 years.
MYLA has contracted with a NOCSAE / NAERA approved reconditioner in our area. In addition to keeping MYLA owned helmets certified for play annually, they have offered to certify player owner helmets at our contract price - $20. This service can be requested during registration.